|Submitting a Google Doc Assignment in Canvas From Your Google Drive|
When a teacher provides a copy of a Google Doc for an assignment and you need to submit your completed Google Doc, you can do so from the Google Doc option in the assignment submission. See the instructions below.
- If you are working from a personal computer, you will first need to make sure your GCA Google account is synced in a Chrome browser.
- If you are logged into a GCA-issued Chromebook or logged into a personal Chromebook with ONLY the GCA Google account, continue with the instructions below.
1. At the top of the assignment page in Canvas, see what type of submission is allowed. The option to submit with a file upload will let you submit the Google Doc from your Google Doc option in the assignment.
2. After you have read and followed the instructions, choose to Start Assignment.
3. At the bottom of the assignment page you will see the option for a File Upload. Choose Google Doc instead of uploading a file.
A. The first time you choose this option, you will need to authorize your Google Drive in Canvas.
B. Always choose your @georgiacyber.org account.
C. Choose to Allow.
4. You should now see the file folders of your GCA Google Drive to look for the Google Doc you want to submit.
A. Choose the folder where your Google Doc is stored.
B. From the open Google Folder, click on the Google Doc you would like to submit.
C. Once you have clicked on the Google Doc, a border will appear around the Submit Assignment button, allowing you to submit it.
D. If you would like to view the Google Doc before submitting, click the arrow to the far right.