Syncing a GCA Student Google Account in Chrome on a Personal Computer or GCA-issued Windows Computer
*These instructions are NOT for a GCA-issued Chromebook, OR a personal Chromebook.
When working in GCA programs on a personal computer or GCA Windows computer, it is required that you are logged in with your GCA Google account, in a Chrome browser, and your account is synced. This is the only way that programs will work correctly and you will have all the Chrome extensions used by GCA. In a synced account on a Chrome browser, you will see the GCA Bookmarks folder and the Champion Portal page will load.
1) After opening a Chrome browser, go to accounts.google.com to log in to your GCA Google account with the email and password for your student account.
2) If you have a personal Google account already logged in to the browser, you will need to add an account, following these instructions.
3) Once you are logged in, confirm that the sync is turned on for the GCA Google account by choosing the profile icon to the right of the URL bar.
4) In the dropdown that appears, choose Turn on sync... if it is not already on.
5) In the final pop-up box, choose Yes, I’m in.
6) For best results, pin the Chrome browser that has the GCA Google account logged in. Right-click on the Chrome icon for your GCA student login and choose Pin to taskbar. This allows the student to use a Chrome browser with ONLY their GCA account on it.