|Troubleshooting Audio in Class
Having trouble hearing the audio in Class? Try all of these steps.
1. If you hear nothing in Class, choose Join Audio in the bottom left corner.
- If you see the microphone icon, click the arrow up and choose to Leave computer audio and then Join Audio again. This action serves to refresh your sound in Class.
2. Refresh the Class tab.
- You may end up in the Waiting Room when you rejoin. Don't worry! This is not a technical mistake. The teacher can let you back in.
3. Go to the site settings for Class and make sure camera, microphone, and sound are all set to Allow.
- Click the tiny lock symbol to the left of the URL and choose Site settings.
- Scroll through the choices, looking for Camera, Microphone, and Sound. Make sure each one is set to Allow.
- You must refresh your Class tab after doing this.
4. If you are using a headset, be sure your audio is going through the headset and not the Chromebook itself.
- In Class, click the up arrow next to your microphone and confirm that the checkmark is next to the right audio source.
- Find the Chromebook audio settings by clicking on the battery symbol in the lower right corner of your screen. Choose the right arrow.
- Confirm that the checkmark is next to the right audio source.
5. The Chromebook audio settings allow you to control the volume of both your microphone and audio output.
Microphone (input) volume:
6. Even for audio issues, begin with clearing your cache and cookies in the Chrome browser. Follow these linked instructions exactly.
7. If you are still having difficulties with your audio, test your audio output and microphone at the site linked below. If this site confirms you have a hardware issue and you are using a GCA issued Chromebook, please contact SCA.
If you see a pop-up asking you to Allow your microphone and camera, please choose Allow.
On the website, under each heading, you will find the button to test that function.
Please be sure your volume is turned down to low before starting this test...it may be very loud!