|Troubleshooting Audio in Class|
Having trouble hearing the audio in Class? Try all of these steps.
1. Even for audio issues, begin with clearing your cache and cookies in the Chrome browser. Follow these linked instructions exactly.
2. Go to the site settings for Class and make sure camera, microphone, and sound are all set to Allow.
- Click the tiny lock symbol to the left of the URL and choose Site settings.
- Scroll through the choices, looking for Camera, Microphone, and Sound. Make sure each one is set to Allow.
3. If you are using a headset, be sure your audio is going through the headset and not the Chromebook itself.
- In Class, click the up arrow next to your microphone and confirm that the checkmark is next to the right audio source.
- Find the Chromebook audio settings by clicking on the battery symbol in the lower right corner of your screen. Choose the right arrow.
- Confirm that the checkmark is next to the right audio source.
4. The Chromebook audio settings allow you to control the volume of both your microphone and audio output.
Microphone (input) volume:
5. If you are still having difficulties with your audio, test your audio output and microphone at the site linked below. If this site confirms you have a hardware issue and you are using a GCA issued Chromebook, please contact SCA.
If you see a pop-up asking you to Allow your microphone and camera, please choose Allow.
On the website, under each heading, you will find the button to test that function.
Please be sure your volume is turned down to low before starting this test...it may be very loud!