Using Ctrl + the Cursor
✨ Thank you, Benjamin B., for the February Tech Tip! ✨
Use ctrl + the cursor to click or select specific files not grouped together.
Example: ctrl + the click from the mouse
- Press the file folder icon to open files that you have downloaded or saved.
- Use the mousepad and cursor to click the first file you wish to select.
- Then, move the cursor to the next file you wish to select. Before selecting the next file, press and hold the ctrl key.
- While pressing and holding the ctrl key, use the mousepad and cursor to click the next file you wish to select.
- You can select as many files as you wish. In our example above, notice that the first file and the third file are selected, but the second file is not selected.
- Once you have selected all the files, you may do a two finger, single click (a right click) which will open a pop-up box.
- Choose from the list of functions in the pop-up box in order to take action on the files that you have selected.