|Canvas Observer Viewing Grades on a Smartphone
The best access for the Canvas Observer on a smartphone is logging in from the browser, not using the Canvas Parent app. While the Canvas Parent app will show you grades, logging in to your Canvas Observer from the browser on your smartphone provides far more information than just grades.
*Want to use an app for all GCA accounts? View instructions for using the GCA app.
1. Log in to the Canvas Observer account through your smartphone browser. Use this link or click on Parent Canvas Login from the GCA app and log in. To access the browser login (best practice), please make sure you do not have the Canvas Parent app on your phone.
2. Login with your Canvas Observer username and password. If you need a password reset, please submit a request by clicking here.
3. From the Dashboard you can choose the three lines in the upper left corner to see the global navigations such as Account, Courses, Calendar, and Inbox.
4. You can also use the dropdown for multiple students and view the option for Card View or List View.
5. To view all of your student's assignment grades, go into any course, and click on the down arrow in the upper right corner. Then choose Grades from the dropdown.
6. Once you are viewing Grades in any course, you can simply choose all other courses from the dropdown to see Grades for each course.
First, choose the dropdown.
Second, choose the course you want.
Third, choose Apply.
Finally, view each assignment and the grade earned by scrolling to the right