Tasks for Canvas
Chrome Browser Extension
Add this Chrome browser extension to help you manage your Canvas tasks and stay on track.
**Please note! You cannot actually submit assignments by simply checking them off your task list! You must click on the assignment link to see the assignment details where you will complete and submit it. The list of tasks is simply a way to keep you focused and organized.**
From your Chrome browser where you are logged in to your GCA Google account, go to the Chrome Web Store using this link.
Type "Tasks for Canvas" in the search bar and choose the extension as shown below.
Click on Add to Chrome and then Add extension. Follow the instructions shown on your screen and go back to your Canvas Dashboard to refresh the page and see the extension at work.
From your Canvas Dashboard, on the far right you will see the rings that show your completion of assignments and tasks. Choose the Tasks gear icon to update the settings of this extension.
In the settings for this extension, you may choose the time frame for the assignments that appear, including what the beginning day or time is. Experiment with the best settings for you.
After choosing your settings, reload your page in Canvas and use the arrows left and right at the top to see your assignments for the chosen week. Each individual course will have this view to the far right as well, with rings for the assignments in that course.
On the Dashboard, you can do the following:
- Choose the week you would like to view with the back and forward arrows at the top
- Look at your checklist of assignments
- Click the checkmark box when you have submitted that assignment
Once you have checked the box to indicate you completed the assignment, it will move over to the list of assignments checked off. Please note that checking the box will not actually submit the assignment! It is simply a way for you to keep track of your tasks. If you checked off an assignment but you need to move it back to your checklist, simply click the refresh circle to move it back.
You can also add and save your own tasks that will then show up on your Canvas Calendar as well as in the list of tasks. On your Calendar, it will have an icon of a pinned note.
- Type in your own title of the task
- Choose the date for this task to be completed
- Choose the time for this task to be completed
- Check the box if you would like this task to repeat weekly.
- Choose the course that this task relates to.
- Click Save (you should be able to save the task even if the Save button is grayed out).