Using Kami in Canvas
All GCA students have the Kami extension in their browser when logged into a GCA Chromebook or with their synced GCA account in a Chrome browser. Kami can be used to annotate on any Google document or downloaded PDF.
In Canvas, for any assignment that requires the use of Kami to mark on the document, follow these instructions.
1. Find the assignment in Canvas. The first time that you use Kami in Canvas, you will need to Authorize your Google account.
2. A pop-up will open and you will choose your @georgiacyber.org account. Do not choose any other Google account that may show up here.
3. A prompt to connect your account to use Google Drive will display. Click Allow.
4. When you access the assignment in Canvas, you will see a Pop-out option. This is located in the upper right corner of the assignment.
5. You can then Open with Kami which loads in a new tab. *Important* You will create a copy that will allow you to annotate.
6. Next, choose where to save it in your Google Drive.
7. Use your Kami Toolbar to the left of your document to add Text.
Helpful Tips: To expand the Kami Toolbar, use the bottom toggle on the description for each of the tools.