|Log In to a Personal Chromebook with Your GCA Student Account|
Your personal Chromebook will function exactly as a GCA one if you log in to it with only your GCA Google account. Having a personal account added on your personal Chromebook will cause issues with GCA programs and browser extensions. Students using a personal Chromebook should only be logged in with the GCA account.*
*Would you like to use a GCA Chromebook exclusively for school and save your personal one for your personal use? Ask your FEL about requesting a GCA Chromebook.
1) Click on the wifi/battery/clock symbol in the lower right corner of your screen. Choose Sign out.
2) After a moment, the sign in screen will appear for any accounts you have on the personal Chromebook. Please do not sign in. Go to Step 3.
3) At this screen you will power wash the Chromebook, using the keystrokes ctrl+alt+shift+r. Each key will be held down as you add the next key...do not just type each key in order.
4) When the option to Restart appears, click on the Restart button.
5) The login screen will appear but please wait for about 20 seconds until you see another screen with the option for Powerwash. Click on the Powerwash button. Confirm the Powerwash.
6) Please do not use any personal Google account to log in to your personal Chromebook. Even though your device is a personal one, for access to all your school programs to work correctly, you must only be logged in with one account, the GCA student Google account.
7) Choose the option to login as You. Choosing the other option will not allow the use of the student GCA Google account. When a student is logged in to their GCA student Google account in Chrome, they will have numerous security features already set up for their safety.
8) Agree to the Google terms of service by choosing Accept and continue.
9) Connect to your internet source. This may require a password that GCA does not have. You will need to know your own password for access to your Wifi.
10) You will see a Welcome screen. It may or may not look like this picture. Choose Let's go or Get started.
11) Log in with your GCA student Google account.
12) You should see the GCA Champion Portal page load and see the managed GCA Bookmarks folder. This tab will give you one-click, Single-Sign-On access to all GCA programs.