Instructions for Using the
TutorMe Writing Lab
TutorMe is found on your Clever dashboard to provide you with live tutoring help or feedback from a writing lab. Both services are available to you 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
To submit a writing assignment from your Google Doc to the TutorMe Writing Lab, please follow these instructions.
1. Before you can submit a writing assignment to Tutor Me, you will need to convert your Google doc writing assignment into a .docx file. In the Google doc, choose File, then Download, then Microsoft Word.
2. Next, open Clever and find the TutorMe icon. Click on it to enter the program.
3. Choose the Writing Lab
4. Carefully read the statement and click I Understand to continue. The Writing Lab does not offer live support. To join a live tutoring session for writing, choose Connect with a Live Tutor.
5. Provide a title for your paper and a description of the assignment. In the description box, include the following mandatory information:
- Your grade level
- The subject or course for this assignment
- A copy/paste of the teacher’s instructions for this assignment
- If English is not your native language, check the box.
6. On the next page, choose the style format that your teacher expects you to use for the paper.
7. Click Browse to find your .docx writing assignment for uploading.
8. Under My files, choose Downloads. Click on the file that you just downloaded from your Google doc and click Open
9. You will see confirmation that your writing was submitted and receive a confirmation email in your GCA Gmail inbox.
You can expect to receive feedback on your written assignment in about 12 hours. Click here to learn how to find and view your feedback from the tutor.