Instructions for a TutorMe
Live Tutoring Session
TutorMe is found on your Clever dashboard to provide you with live tutoring help or feedback from a writing lab. Both services are available to you 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
To request a live tutoring session, follow these instructions.
**Please be aware that appropriate and respectful behavior and communication are expected from all GCA students using the TutorMe program. You will be meeting with a live tutor.
1. Before you request a live tutoring session, you might need to prepare your assignment to share with the tutor. You can also meet with a tutor without a specific assignment in mind.
To convert any existing Google doc assignment into a .docx file, open the Google doc, choose File, then Download, and then Microsoft Word.
2. Next, open Clever and find the TutorMe icon. Click on it to enter the program.
3. Choose Connect with a Live Tutor
4. In the search field, type the course or subject you need help with, and a dropdown of options will appear. If you are in Elementary or Middle Grades, you may find more success by typing “Elementary” or “Middle School” into the search field to show courses appropriate for your school level.
5. In the pop-up that appears, include the following mandatory information:
- Your grade level
- The subject or course of the assignment
- A copy/paste of the teacher’s instructions for this assignment
- Uploading the assignment is optional but strongly recommended. If you choose to upload, follow Steps 6 and 7. If not, click Submit.
6. If you choose to upload your assignment, click on the word browse to upload your .docx file created earlier in Step 1.
7. Under My files, choose Downloads. Click on the file that you just downloaded from your Google doc and choose Open.
8. Once you're ready to begin, click Submit. Note that you will be able to chat with a tutor before starting your tutoring session.
9. Be patient as the TutorMe program will begin searching to match you to a tutor. Your wait time should be quite short.
10. Once a tutor has responded to your request, you may chat with a brief message and decide if this is the right tutor and session for you. Then choose to Enter Lesson or Cancel Request.
**Please be aware that no personal information should ever be exchanged and all sessions are recorded and monitored.
11. In the session, the tutor will direct you in using the tools on the screen. Using the microphone and video function is up to the discretion of the student.
After your tutoring session is complete, you may provide feedback about your tutor. The tutor will also submit feedback on the student.
Watch it on video! Click below.