Is Your Chromebook Ready for Testing?
EOG and EOC
It's time to prepare for EOG (End-of Grade) and EOC (End-of-Course) testing! Use this checklist to make sure your GCA Chromebook is just as ready for testing as you are!
Students who received a GCA-issued Chromebook will need to bring that device with them on the day of testing. No personal computers or devices will be used for testing.
**A small number of Chromebooks are available for students who never chose to receive a GCA-issued Chromebook.
Before the testing day:
1) Perform a restart on your Chromebook. Need help knowing how to do that? Click here!
2) Once the restart is complete, log back in and open the Chrome browser.
3) Check the Chrome browser version. Need help knowing how to do that? Click here!
Once you have updated your browser, the version should be Chrome version 109 or higher. If you are having difficulty with that, please submit a request to this Help Center for extra help or contact your FEL.
4) Plug in the charger to make sure the Chromebook is fully charged.
5) Gather all the parts of your Chromebook, such as:
- the charger
- the mouse (it's ok if you want to just use the mousepad on the Chromebook)
- the wireless dongle for the mouse (if you are using an external mouse)
- the headset
- the Chromebook itself
On the testing day:
1) Be sure to bring the Chromebook, charger, headset, and mouse (if you will use an external mouse) with you!
2) Be sure to Sign Out of the Chromebook before testing. This will speed up your readiness at the testing site.